Posts by Fosphatic Duke

I guess you have to implement drop tables on uninstall then.

I have already find out that the most extensions on uninstallation don't remove all the tables entries as I can see some errors in log files that the unsinatalles extension isn't available after installation.

So pagekit has some room for improvement even it's in "good shape" I guess. 😉

Regards

Fossy

Hi Fossy,

ah thats interesting to hear and also a bit worrying. Well, thanks a lot for your response. It seems that for now we just have to live with it :(

Regards

Mark

Well welcome on board at out sinking boat, is almost all I can say.

If I wouldn't be only a dumb administrator I would have forked the project by my own I guess, as I really like the structure and lightness of pagekit.

Regards,

Fossy

You're welcome anytime!

Well I never had this case till now, but I have to admit that I don't configured this function with latest version of pagekit. Any of the instances I published for me or someone else, were below the latest version as actually I'm scared to use pagekit further on, because of the unclear future of this wonderful cms.

It's a sinking boat since years now as since the realse the creators keep holding the scepter, but caring less and less about pagekit, trying to get some people to get the hard work to upgrade the project to latest depencies or free in best case all under their name...

But that's a different story, I'm glad you figured out that it's working as it should at least in the core feature.

Regards,

Fossy

Well this is a old story already Mark we all had same issue for once or twice for sure.

However the php mail isn't working for you well, because like 99% of the providers are blocking the mails coming through a php mailer.

Correct configuration of smtps is needed. I wrote smpts as smtp emails are declined in like 99% of the cases nowadays too.

You can try to play around with both secure ports and of course the username that's probably where you get stucked.

You don't miss any php modules as you can't rely on php mailsend anyway.

I had already situations where port 587 was recommended but it was working only with port 465, as well same with secure method, sometimes providers writes SSL/tls but it's like start tls and otherwise.

Just play around with that and try to change the password of course in rare cases, for example when you use Gmail as smtp host, you have to authorize the smtp host to receive mails from 3rd party apps or hosts. It's a security by design question in rare cases, to have an additional layer of security and get rid of bad guys using regular email accounts to spam like there is no tommorow.

Regards,

Fossy

Hi Mark,

I can completely understand your disappointment as it is a an act of stealing the freedom before you have had with pagekit CMS right?

However I don't know if you already know this is a community forum, that is payed by SPQRInc for hosting as domain and run with help of our active users. It's not officially supported by yootheme in not even one way.

We are all just in same sinking boat actually trying to help each other as good as we can. Submits on github are if ored by officials from YOOtheme since ages, im not even sure if they read this forum from time to time as the ceo is still thinking that pagekit is in a good shape 😉

Regards

Fossy

Thx SAB for your help and the fix. Will try it tomorrow.

Unfortunately, there are no Reaction from YOOtheme on your Bug Report.

Well that is a thing I'm pretty sure the guys from Hamburg are good at, at least not worse then in their ability to code a nice cms system. Ignoring the community and facts 😉

Regards,

Fossy

No errors in the firefox console. Also in log under the debug bar from pagekit is no single error or info

Hello Jesse,

first of all welcome to our community forum.

I don't know if it us important, but all original themes or even templates from other users has always a Blog folder with some view files in it. It's used for overriding default view of the original blog extension. Well however the needed Java script files as css are declared there as well. So give it a try please and the following:

Could you probably copy from one original yootheme templates the above mentioned folder to your template (same folder structure is important) and try then again? It's an unusual error so I guess we need to test some things out.

Regards,

Fossy

The latest version of the extension can be installed via upload function actually only. Sab found an issue somehow we can't explain at all. The package is able to install via upload but not from marketplace directly.

So you can download it from marketplace as zip file and upload via pagekit backend as extension as install it right there.

Regards

Fossy

If you use latest pagekit version you have to setup the Google recaptcha in pagekit backend first.

There are already some threads about this topics in the forum. Search for them if you need some more information.

Regards,

Fossy

Oh that's weird, never countered this problem, if it was via upload installable then it was working through marketplace too.

Without any reasonable error messages it could be a dead road when yootheme won't react on an issue report at github.

Regards

Fossy

I guess it's probably because of php 7.1?

As pagekit needs way lower, or because of pagekit 1.0.15 as I never seen in any extension that a pagekit requirement.

The package should be installable without marketplace too right? So probably a test run with one if those disabled and second with lower php version, even it's not helping at all but just to catch the root of the installation problem.

Regards,

Fossy

Damn stupid me sorry sab for bothering you. I must have had big tomatoes on my eyes. :)

PHP
    1. <?php if ($node->type == 'link') : ?>
    2.     <a href="<?= $node->getUrl() ?>" target="_blank"><?= $node->title ?></a>
    3.     <?php elseif ($node->type != 'link') : ?>
    4.         <a href="<?= $node->getUrl() ?>"><?= $node->title ?></a>
    5. <?php endif ?>

This one works fine so far, i guess i had it yesterday already, but forgot that i have created a main topic as link to the page entry where the handbook starts...

So my bad at all, but thank you very much for your help i apppreciate that very much and learned again a bit thanks mate!

Regards,

Fossy

Hi SAB ,

seems to be my theory was right. I did enabled the code you gave and now i see every link twice as the link entry itself and same link with type behind and every link has the link behind it. I guess that confirms my theory that each link neither it's a page or not get the link type anyway on top right?

regards

Fossy

your extension is doling the uikit 3 templates issue with bixies outdated Version. Some fine tuning and it will do a very nice job I guess.

SAB You mentioned that the extension is multi instances capable right? If so would it be possible to make a rating up to 5 stars question sheet?

Roman told me that with vue js 2.5 no issue but with vue js 1 it's way harder task.

Good question I still update to latest when it's stable actually 7.3 and it's running seems to be with pagekit well. But I guess if you can see in the backend the php version there must be a possibility to get this variable and then give a message as modal push down or so.