Biskuit just another fork

• Biskuit is a pagekit fork created several months ago and brings with it many bugfixes and improvements.

This is not a promotional post, the project was born as a personal need but is available to anyone who wants to contribute to development.

We have a list of features that we would like to develop that everyone can contribute to: https://github.com/biskuitorg/biskuit/issues/37

At the moment we are busy creating the new marketplace for the management of updates and distribution of packages.

Latest changelog

• Upgrade uikit to version 2.27.5 (#11)
    • Upgrade composer to version 1.9
    • Upgrade symfony to version 4.3
    • Upgrade twig to version 2.11
    • Updated other dependencies
    • Added the possibility to nicely integrate an amphtml link (#3)
    • Added support for webp in finder
    • Changed primary color in backend
    • Added GitHub reference in backend
    • Removed checking for .htaccess file in Nginx server during installation (#15)
    • Now at least version 7.2.0 of PHP is required

Security

• Upgrade symfony/http-foundation to version 3.4.35 #14
    • Password recovery allows user account enumeration #10
    • CSRF vulnerability in Finder, discovered by Christian Bortone #39

Fixed

• Disabled swipe on text selection #1
    • Avoid setting cookie_path if session was already started #2
    • Exception: Warning: filemtime().. #4
    • Unknown database type enum requested #5
    • Fix heading anchor parsing in the Render.php #6
    • Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break".. #12

Info: https://biskuit.org/blog/2019/12/22/pagekit-dead

Hoping not to have created spam, we wish you a good continuation. <3

• SPQRInc

Approved the thread.
  • SPQRInc

Approved the thread.
  • Sorry, I didn't understand.

What is this ?

Can you explain it to me in simple words?

And how to install it?

> Biskuit is a pagekit fork created several months ago and brings with it many bugfixes and improvements.

This is pagekit with many bugfixes and improvements.

Installation

Download the latest release from Releases section (1.0.19). Here you can choose 2 type of download:

- webhosting version that is immediately ready to use and works on a web hosting

- normal version that requires installation of dependencies via composer and npm

Probably in your case you have to go like this:

- Download latest webhosting release here

- Unzip on your domain root

- Visit your domain

Update from pagekit

To update from pagekit or an older version you need to overwrite the files with new ones. Be careful not to delete old files, you need to overwrite them. Do not delete any files, specifically the config.php file which contains the configuration of your current installation.

• Are you using a release or source code?
    Btw enable debug to see more informations about error.

brombinmirko, I have now reinstalled the clean version 1.0.17 and upgraded to 1.0.18.

Everything seems to be working fine now.

And before that, I upgraded version 1.0.17 to version 1.0.18 and immediately installed the 1.0.19 .

After the update, the modules from the add-on directory of the official Pagekit.com website stopped downloading.

The error I showed you in the screenshot above, which I deleted with the message.

At the moment, everything seems to be working fine for now.

Except I can't put a widget in the HERO position on the main site. I'm putting it in, but it's a miserable picture, not the right size.

• I think there can be no mistake on my part. There's one widget with a picture in the header with Hero position, but the second widget is no longer in the middle of the full size of the picture.

How do you fix that?
    [Blocked Image: http://www.screencapture.ru/uploaded/c2/16/5f/c2165Fc1.jpg]

Most interestingly, in version 1.0.17 everything was fine, all the widgets I created worked fine with each other.

• Hi Mirko,

I have upgraded my existing 1.0.18 to biskuit 1.0.19 via zip artifact => I can confirm that it works seamlessly.

I wish you guys a good work.

I'd be glad to help developing, but I'm a DevOps :) and not a proper Dev.

Ciao.

• Great Idea SPQRInc

Just my 2 cent and wish for the future (if we can have one, lol)

1. customer support

You are a developer and you deal with the CMS on a completely different level.

However, Pagekit is primarily intended for end users and it can only become popular and stable, if many of them use it.

I think it would be right if we can differentiate somehow. No end user wants to deal with cryptic code.

2. German language

Let's talk in German if we want to. Many don't want to struggle with translations.

It is a German forum, many can speak English but not all. With German support, much more would have been going on here earlier.

At least multi language must be tolerated in a subforum.

In the end, I just want it to be easier for us, namely beginners who want to easily create a small page.

Dont missunderstand me, of course it's great to have you all on board here :)

• Hi AMI

Thank you for your thoughts on this.

Actually I don't think that you can have customer support here. Pagekit/Biskuit are open source CMS with a small community and nobody is earning money from those CMS. Customer support could be possible if a company is offering that (actually I am starting a small company at the moment) against payment. I also know that Fosphatic Duke and Ben did small jobs, so maybe they could offer such a service, too. The community can not provide customer support in a level that satisfies everybody.

2. German Language

I could imagine a German subforum. But based on the stats in this forum there are only a few German users. So I think you'd loose pretty good supporters if you're using only German.

• Hi AMI

But based on the stats in this forum there are only a few German users

thats exactly the point, just because pagekit is not well known. And it will not become better known if theres no support in our language

if someone wants to create a website or a blog, he uses wordpress, at least that is recommended.

Actually, most would be better advised with a small CMS like pagekit and

they would be glad if you they knew that it even existed ;)

I recently read a statistic that says that every third website worldwide is based on wordpress,

but why is it like that ?

honestly, you did a great job with your support, the extensions and thanks to this forum pagekit is still a great cms.

But it is all more or less pointless, if pk/biskuit is not known, it remains as "just another cms"

P.S. we had this discussion over 2 years ago, do you remember?

I know that you are primarily a developer, but maybe you will have a look outside the box, in the end it all belongs together.

So jetzt aber genug Kritik von mir <3