Overwriting registration mails

• Hi everybody,

I would like to personalise the mails sent to users during registration (and when resetting password).

I can overwrite the views on the screen during these actions, but I am unabled to change the emails contents.

I think this is done inside the controler with this type of function :

It calls the PHP file in the mails folder of the user module.

If I have well understood, it calls the mails/xxx.php file in the system/user folder and can't be overwriting.

I could change these files, but I would prefer to overwrite it in my theme.

Is there a way to do this ? Perhaps overwriting this function in the controllers ? But I don't know how to do that.

Thanks for help.

Best regards.

Jean-Francois Huet

F1EVM

• Hi Tobbe

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I can customize the views in my theme, but it is what is displayed on the screen during registration.

What I would like to do is to customize the mails sent to the user during the different phases of registration.

If I have unterstood well, the mails are defined in the /app/system/modules/user/mails folder and they are called from the controllers, with functions as sendWelcomeEmail($user) or other sendXxxxxxEmail($user).

I think I can't overwrite the controllers to redefine the sendXXEmail functions.

• Oh, sorry. I did not see that the app is missing the "view" prefix. So I have no idea how to solve this at the moment.

But instead of overwriting the controllers I would overwrite the templates. If you want to keep them after an update you can try to write an extension to set them automatically after a new update was installed. That's the only thing I can imagine at the moment.