What is, when Pagekit will die?

• I´m running a Blog with Pagekit (switched from Wordpress) and actually, there are nearly 100 Posts inside. Everything is okay, but since Pagekit seems to die, I´m thinking about the possibility to export my Blogposts to an other CMS or switching back to Wordpress.

I think, there is currently no possibility to do that or does anybody know a way?

It is not akut, aber fürn Notfall denkt man halt drüber nach :/

• I´m running a Blog with Pagekit (switched from Wordpress) and actually, there are nearly 100 Posts inside. Everything is okay, but since Pagekit seems to die, I´m thinking about the possibility to export my Blogposts to an other CMS or switching back to Wordpress.

I think, there is currently no possibility to do that or does anybody know a way?

It is not akut, aber fürn Notfall denkt man halt drüber nach :/

Kein schlechter Gedanke an sich,

Yunus tries to rescue pagekit but a plan b is always good to have.

Regards

Fossy

• Hi, sorry but as I wrote today on the Discord we are leaving Pagekit and moving or 20 or so little sites to something else. What I don't know. Maybe Liferay.

I still like Pagekit but development from the Yootheme guys has pretty much come to dead stop, there are too many things missing for too long.

• Hi, sorry but as I wrote today on the Discord we are leaving Pagekit and moving or 20 or so little sites to something else. What I don't know. Maybe Liferay.

I still like Pagekit but development from the Yootheme guys has pretty much come to dead stop, there are too many things missing for too long.

Hi Nick

Out of curiosity, what things are missing for you? I'm just trying to balance up using Pagekit or not for a new project, because I simply love it, but maybe since Yootheme seem to not be bothered about it, neither should I, I have just always loved UiKit more than Bootstrap, and it seems like everything else just wants to use Bootstrap. Also my previous experience of a CMS was Joomla, and then I found Pagekit and for some reason felt loyal to it :(

I was using Pagekit for months, it is a great CMS, I like it, very simple, But for some reason, I transfer my blog to another CMS, one of them was there is the future of Pagekit is not clear, now I am using Bludit as blog Platform, So simple but it's OK for blogging.

Bludit looks really cool! Just had a quick look and that seems MAD, storing everything in files! Definitely worth another look :)

Ta,

Andrew

• Hi, well on the very basic side of things and what you'd expect IMHO from a first release are taxonomies and multilingual support.

Then as Sascha from Yootheme wrote it also really needs widgetkit and yootheme pro.

I started with PK in 2015, before v1, which came out BTW 13 April 2016. Here is the blog PAGE

Note the comment at the top from Florian who replied about a request for Multilang. I know they are busy with UIKit and YT Pro, but 3 years?

I think they bit off more than they could chew and I also think that in the end they have just decided, but not told anyone (yet), that PK is dead.

Nothing to see hear, move along please.

Pagekit is the Norwegian Blue from the Monty Python parrot sketch.

• nick.dring

well wrote nick absolutely agree with you in those points. Everyone of us is seeing the same but it's a bit off limits of reality if they expect that someone else will do anything under their flag for free...

Well the bitter note was when their ceo wrote its open source... don't expect too much from it...

Well I do expect always the best from. open source as this concept is just a phenomenon since ages now. Microsoft and anyone else who was doing forseeings like it's dead already in the 90ties had to realize that they were wrong. Nowadays it's different probably at those companies but anyway open source rocks solid.

Regards

Fossy

P. s. by the way there still some good alternatives available and I'm happy that not everyone is dooming open source