Disable cookies

• Hi guys,

I want to create easy one page site without login and comments feature. I want to bypass EU Directive and Policy about Cookies. i found only pagekit-session nad pagekit-auth after login in cookies.

Could we disable cookies for frontend?

Is it possible?

• Hi guys,

I want to create easy one page site without login and comments feature. I want to bypass EU Directive and Policy about Cookies. i found only pagekit-session nad pagekit-auth after login in cookies.

Could we disable cookies for frontend?

Is it possible?

Yes if you disable registration, comments and login, then pagekit should not set any cookies by it's own.

• Hi it's great information! But I disableed registration in backend (users/settings - registration off, verification too) and comments (blog/settings). Any news didn't allow to comment. After this action website still require cookie :(

• Helpful

Czesc stary,

well you are right those are not shown in firefox but visible in chrome. I checked it twice now, so in general it is still no biggie at all as:

Use on EUROPA

The use of cookies on EUROPA is allowed under certain conditions. You should take the following steps.

1. Ask yourself whether the use of cookies is essential for a given functionality, and if there is no other, non‑intrusive alternative.
    2. If you think a cookie is essential, ask yourself how intrusive it is: what data does each cookie hold? Is it linked to other information held about the user? Is its lifespan appropriate to its purpose? What type of cookie is it? Is it a first or a third‑party setting the cookie? Who controls the data?
    3. Evaluate for each cookie if informed consent is required or not:
      • first‑party session cookies DO NOT require informed consent.
      • first‑party persistent cookies DO require informed consent. Use only when strictly necessary. The expiry period must not exceed one year.
      • all third‑party session and persistent cookies require informed consent. These cookies should not be used on EUROPA sites, as the data collected may be transferred beyond the EU's legal jurisdiction.
    4. Before storing cookies, gain consent from the users (if required) by implementing the Cookie Consent Kit in all the pages of any website using cookies that require informed consent.
    5. Inform users about the use of cookies in plain, jargon‑free language in a dedicated "cookie notice" page linked from the service toolbar of the standard templates. This page should explain:
      • why cookies are being used, (to remember users' actions, identify users, collect traffic information, etc.)
      • if the cookies are essential for the website or a given functionality to work or if they aim to enhance the performance of the website
      • the types of cookies used (e.g. session or permanent, first or third‑party)
      • who controls/accesses the cookie‑related information (website or third‑party)
      • that the cookie will not be used for any purpose other than the one stated
      • how users can withdraw consent.

A standard template to create your own cookie notice page[Blocked Image: http://ec.europa.eu/wel/images/doc_icons/f_zip_16.gif](241 kB) is available. If a site does not use any cookies, the dedicated "cookie notice" page should use the template and just mention this. If your site uses the same cookies as the Commission homepage, you can link to the top level cookie notice.

Session cookies are important for the site it self and it is deleted after browser is closed as it is a first party session cookie, they DO NOT require informed consent.

http://ec.europa.eu/ipg/basics/legal/cookies/index_en.htm

There for you can just ignore it and do not show the cookie bar if you don't want. The cookie law in primary was done for informing about the tracking cookies, even it was an old song already. But like our Cancelor said few years ago, Internet is an unknown territory and we all have to make our experiences first with it. :)

Regards

Fossy