Registration not possible GoogleCaptcha

• Hi there,

I already saw some people complaining about this here in the forum. But I think this deserves an own thread.

Please, do not make google products mandatory to use. This is basically making pagekit unusable for a huge number of people. I dont want google on my website.

In my pagekit page the user registration and blog comments and the formmaker plugin are not working, because of mandatory googleCaptcha Usage.

Thanks, best regards

Mark

• Helpful

Hi Mark,

I can completely understand your disappointment as it is a an act of stealing the freedom before you have had with pagekit CMS right?

However I don't know if you already know this is a community forum, that is payed by SPQRInc for hosting as domain and run with help of our active users. It's not officially supported by yootheme in not even one way.

We are all just in same sinking boat actually trying to help each other as good as we can. Submits on github are if ored by officials from YOOtheme since ages, im not even sure if they read this forum from time to time as the ceo is still thinking that pagekit is in a good shape 😉

Regards

Fossy

• Hi Fossy,

ah thats interesting to hear and also a bit worrying. Well, thanks a lot for your response. It seems that for now we just have to live with it :(

Regards

Mark

• Hi Fossy,

ah thats interesting to hear and also a bit worrying. Well, thanks a lot for your response. It seems that for now we just have to live with it :(

Regards

Mark

Well welcome on board at out sinking boat, is almost all I can say.

If I wouldn't be only a dumb administrator I would have forked the project by my own I guess, as I really like the structure and lightness of pagekit.

Regards,

Fossy

• If using reCaptcha is causing problems with registrations to your Pagekit site, you can always just disable reCaptcha under 'System > Settings'. There's no other extension to put in its place (as far as I know), but you aren't obligated to use it if you don't want to.