Installation broken

• Hi there,

I'm locked out of my pagekit local installation (using MAMP), the password doesn't work anymore. The reseting password link doesn't send the mail to reset it but that's also probably because it's running local.

I have a SQlite installation so I can't see a password in the config.php file.

I cannot access the admin panel of my online website because /admin leads to a file not found.

I cannot reinstall Pagekit because when I do, I can't install any extensions or theme: it says something went wrong with the crypto.

Any help appreciated because i'm running out of options here !

Thank you in advance

• Thank you for your reply!

Could you tell me how to access the built in webserver and change my password from there ?

Because I'm not sure where to find the sqlite database on my computer. In my root folder?

Sorry but I'm really not tech savvy !

• Thank you for your reply!

Could you tell me how to access the built in webserver and change my password from there ?

Because I'm not sure where to find the sqlite database on my computer. In my root folder?

Sorry but I'm really not tech savvy !

Depends on your operating system you have to download a tool for opening sqllite databases files and yes the database files is called pagekit.db as lies in the root of the pagekit installation.

How to run a build in server you could read the following thread:

Running Pagekit in "offline Mode"

• I am on macOS.

I did read the db with a software, in the table pk_system_user it shows a hashed password (about 60 characters) that obviously doesn't work.

But thanks to that I could find the username and it was the one that had been changed!

So my problem is solved but for the sake of others if you can tell me if there' s a way to recover the password as well that would be very nice!

• I am on macOS.

I did read the db with a software, in the table pk_system_user it shows a hashed password (about 60 characters) that obviously doesn't work.

But thanks to that I could find the username and it was the one that had been changed!

So my problem is solved but for the sake of others if you can tell me if there' s a way to recover the password as well that would be very nice!

I would reset it in the database or just just do no password then set again from backend.

• So my problem is solved but for the sake of others if you can tell me if there' s a way to recover the password as well that would be very nice!

Hi,

the password in table system_user is bcrypt format and that is a hash not encryption. The difference is that a hash is one-way, that is non reversible.

The only choices are to add new bcrypt hash string into the database. Go to this page, enter a new password, choose round 10 and generate your hash string that you can paste into directly into the database.