What is the quickest and easiest way to create different styles for a Marketplace theme

• Hi All,

My question is how do you create a style for a theme that is available in the Marketplace. I know that there is a smart way for use the Customizer (Uikit) and create different themes, but don't know the exact steps. It should be another way to create different styles for a theme without modifying the theme's core css and without the Asset extension.

Do you have any tips and tricks?

Thanks,

Balazs

• Well depends on which UIKit version, if you seeking a UIKit 2 template, then the customizer is the easiest way. https://getuikit.com/v2/docs/customizer.html

After you have generated a new css or less version you have to overwrite the less files if you got less, if you have css version then you have to load it in the templates.php file in views folder of your template root location.

Well for being future update safety i would suggest to clone the github repo of the template and change vendor prefix to not get the changes from original template through the marketplace.

UIkit 3 Templates, there is no generator, so if you look for a fast way to change colors, then a good editor like notepad++ or atom.io is your best friend. You can make the changes this way pretty fast to.

Binding the new or changed css is same, as long you keep the name you don't have to care about it even then. I hope this helps you a bit to get started.

Regards,

Fossy