I can't run webpack on my custom widget

• Hi everyone,

I have a problem when i run webpack on my custom widget..

Code
    1. Hash: 483ce605fe15c8191cdf
    2. Version: webpack 1.12.9
    3. Child
    4. Hash: 483ce605fe15c8191cdf
    5. Version: webpack 1.12.9
    6. Time: 45ms
    7. ERROR in Entry module not found: Error: Cannot resolve module 'vue' in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/sa/clasworld/packages/insadi/blogcategories

please, any can help me? thanks

• Thanks, yes sure:

• If you use them yes just install it with npm or add them to dthe depencies files and then run npm install, after that webpack. I’m usually only modified or added code till now never wrote from scratch, but I would suggest it should be logical to add the modules from packages you using the methods or whole apps etc etc.

• I would run webpack in your extension root, otherwise you will install in every directory with a package.json where you used npm install all node_modules, whats nonessential.

You can also ran webpack from the pagekit root and it will compile every script from all packages.

The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him. Psalm 28,7

• SAB I would like to try write my first extension, i was searching in the documentation already how to user the sending mail from backend. Do you have probably some information? Simple contact form on UIKit v3 basis.

I was inspecting the user module from pagekit core app and as far i can see they use an own method due register process, i thought probably it would work same for just a simple contact form. The difference would be that i would have to bind the message to a variable and use it. I guess over all it should be not too hard for experienced coder, but probably manageable for a noob as i am too. :)

• Fosphatic Duke There is a new repo vue-fields on pagekits github - probably you could use that (but I can't find a doc) for fast (dynamic) form generation.

For mailing take a look at the mail module. I haven't used the mailer of pagekit yet, but it seems that the service offered by pagekit is simple to use. I think its an implementation of the Swiftmailer php library

https://swiftmailer.symfony.com/.

Thats everything i know right now :/

The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him. Psalm 28,7

• It is already more then i know and for sure a help, i saw they use somehting with swift functions so yeah should be the module you posted the link. I don't want to write a dynamic form generator like bixie did as it is deffo too much for a beginner like me. But a simple contact form that is static should be possible at all i guess and in most cases fair enough simple small extension. Enable -> Link in the menu and you good to go. After that probably some small customization from backend but nothing big, as roman wrote in one thread simple small extensions less room for mistakes and way easier to maintain.