Problem with link in main menu

• Hello dear developers and forum users !

I decided to create a submenu.

The idea must be the parent menu should be without a reference, but when trying to save , requires a mandatory link on any page.

Nothing else.

What should I do in this case? :/

• Kuzmich

Changed the title of the thread from “Main menu issue” to “Problem with link in main menu”.
  • Is this about rendering part of a menu in a template? Or how should I understand submenu?

The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him. Psalm 28,7

• Is this about rendering part of a menu in a template? Or how should I understand submenu?

Hello !

Here the matter is that in PageKit there is no opportunity to put menu item without references to any created page. The system requires necessary to set the link. That is, it turns out that when you create a menu item, there is a dubbing of links of the main menu item with a submenu

• If I get you right, then you can.

Choose Site > Add Site > Link. Then make sure the link type is link and don't choose your link via the link picker. Instead just enter an URL, which can be external (http:// ... ) or internal (/mysite). As long you don't use the picker and save, it should not create a route respectively a reference.

The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him. Psalm 28,7

• If I get you right, then you can.

Choose Site > Add Site > Link. Then make sure the link type is link and don't choose your link via the link picker. Instead just enter an URL, which can be external (http:// ... ) or internal (/mysite). As long you don't use the picker and save, it should not create a route respectively a reference.

Thank you, but I didn't quite understand what you wrote.

Yandex online translator does not always translate correctly:(

• With the Link you just create a link, that does not create a new page (GET /test returns No route found).

With the URL Alias you create a new page, that links to the referenced page ( GET /test loads /blog/into-the-wild)

With the Redirect you create a new page, that redirect to the recerenced page ( GET /test redirects to /blog/into-the-wild)

I think what your looking for is the Link, as you do not create a new page. You don't have to use the link picker as you can just type in an URL. With that you can e.g. create a menu including items, which aren't pages on your website.