Always issues with Webhoster Servage - anyone else?

• Hi guys,

I'm always running into troubles with login on Pagekit, but just after a while. While it never happens on a server from 1und1, I run into issues at servage.net after some time. When I try to login as an admin, it says "Invalid token. Please try again." Also users are not able to login anymore. This is strange, as no file is changed after last successful login.

I'm almost sure the webhoster has issues, but how can I find out what is causing the problems? As soon as I enable logging in config.php, I see the log bar at the bottom, but because I can't log in anymore, the infos are not helpful at all.

Last two times I had this problems, I did a fresh installation of pagekit, copied user tables into the database and images into the storage folder and solved it. But I can't do that every time...

Any recommendation what to do?

Here's the site, front end perfectly working: http://www.selina-musik.de

Regards

Harald

• SPQRInc

Approved the thread.
  • Hm, that was at least a good idea, as I'm using Opera's Auto-logins. But unfortunately, it still doesn't work, even manually login.

Anyway, the "ungültiger Token" is displayes as well, when I'm trying to ask for a new password. Does anyone know - as I'm not a programmer - what exactly this toke means and what variables are connected with this token? What eles could cause a invalid token?

Thanks

Harald

• As mentioned in first post: If I'm doing a fresh installtion, with same users and password, just enter the old settings in the DB, it'w back working again. Just moving the whole directory won't help. I cleaned up the cache as well. The difference now is instead a "invalid token" message, it says now

Whoops, looks like something went wrong.

Which won't help me either...

• As mentioned in first post: If I'm doing a fresh installtion, with same users and password, just enter the old settings in the DB, it'w back working again. Just moving the whole directory won't help. I cleaned up the cache as well. The difference now is instead a "invalid token" message, it says now

Whoops, looks like something went wrong.

Which won't help me either...

Wait do you probably share the hosting with another application installed in a subdirectory? The debug bar is helpful at least there should be a hint what's the root of the problem. Try to enable from hosters backend to show php errors. This would be helpful too to see what really happens, what do you mean with old settings? Is it a fresh install or fresh install then a db dump from an older installation, another server etc etc.

I checked the backend from the url you have provided well you see directly in the console an error that won't let you log in:

Source-Map-Fehler: request failed with status 404
    Ressourcen-Adresse: http://www.selina-musik.de/app…dist/jquery.min.js?v=48b9
    Source-Map-Adresse: jquery.min.map

404 is not available or accessable. I would suggest that you should check your folder permissions where jquery lies and or your .htaccess file if it is configured well. Especially if you put pagekit in a subfolder but don't or can't change the default www root folder to same where pagekit lies it will not work well. At 1and1 hosting contracts you can always change the document roots on many other shared hosting contracts you can't thats why correct .htaccess configuration is important!

• Guys, as I want the Site back to running, I installed pagekit from the scratch. By pasting the old database structure back into the new db, everything is back running fine again. I'll keep an eye on it if I run into problems again.

Thanks for your help!