Uikit 3 Theme

• Hey guys

You were talking about themes, so I thought I'll publish a version of mine, i recently made for a little project. Just to say, its aim was more to give a flexible backend, to configure the frontend view layoutwise. So it does not offer a nice style or a brilliant design.

https://github.com/IamSAB/pagekit-theme-penta

I also lacks a build process for UIkit's javascript and less files, as I am really lacking experience there. It just uses the precompiled uikit files, but casually offers to upload of a customized uikit css version This theme has its weaknesses, but currently I got no time to spend as studies exam session starts soon.

Take a look. If you'd like to contribute, write me a message.

P.S It's not available on Pagekit's marketplace. Just download, zip it, then upload it to your page. Should work out of the box.

Thanks and cheers

SAB

The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him. Psalm 28,7

• If you got pagekit on your local maschine, just git clone it into a random vendor folder in /packages. Then open pagekit in your browser and navigate to Site, edit a node and open the theme tab. There is hidden the main functionality.

The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him. Psalm 28,7

• Can you take a look into the dev tools console in your browser? If the theme tab is missing, then there is probably an javascript error.

• Probably its my fault. I forgot to write, that you have to enable the theme. Looks like you still have enabled your uikitity theme.

• You must have changed something i downloaded and extracted it again and it appears now in the backend.

Looks very good sab thanks now i have to study it how you managed to make it that nice configureable and how to integrate many of those possibilies into my theme :)

It would be very very cool if would have something like this as a master skeleton theme for UIKit V3 based templating.

• Exactly, you can alter the layout for each node. It's also possible to manage each widget layout seperately.

The special thing is, you can set a default width of a widget in the node theme setting, but thanks to the flexibility offered by uikit, you can set also width for each widget i.e grid item itself. As a grid is also a flex, you can align grid items. There is also a possibility to hide widget on different screen sizes.

I am happy you like it, I am now encourage to develop this thing further.

• We could probably make a master skeleton as i wrote before based on this one for easier templating possibilites! This is brilliant tbh, even yootheme don't provided themself in any theme such a flexibilty in styling without knowing even one line of a code! And i saw you can inject css from the backend too right? This is really really awesome!!!!

• yns.wtf compiling uikit 3 less and javascript - that's a thing did not manage to implement.

Optimal case would be to require uikit as npm package. Then via pagekit's npm install, automatically compile all uikit files.

• compile LESS (customizing uikit 3) files placed in /less to /css
    • compile Uikit JS components to /js
    • compile Uikit custom icons to /js

As I know, UIkit goes to node_modules if you install it with npm?

• It would be the ultimate template for everyone who is starting with pagekit this is just <3 I would like to help too as much as i can but my coding skills are limited, still the very first steps and always only with help from yns.wtf

But who knows I'm learning fast even for an old man :)

I'm sure such a beauty would gain some attention especially for new people for trying out pagekit and this is exactly what we need more man power with coding skills and people who would like to help and learn to code themself to keep this project alive, as i don't expect much from yootheme somehow. Well at least not that fast and as far i understood Roman right it sounds more like they are searching for a possibilty to outsource this project somehow...

• Fosphatic Duke You mean add js & css from frontend?

You can add css and js files promised based in your vue.js application. Take a look at: pagekit/app/system/app/lib/asset.js