Blog extention slug

• Hi,

Is there a simple way to get rid of the /blog/ slug in the blog extension, so that blog posts could have urls like example.com/post1 example.com/post2 etc.?

• SPQRInc

Approved the thread.
  • That only helps to have the main blog listing getting rid of /blog/, not the posts :(

I sure can try things but the problem is that "blog" repeats just way too much in the code.

• Helpful

kot

you can set it as roman told to Frontpage so it would start always with that one then!

If you want to get completely rid of the path being visible in the url then it is pretty simple too :)

look at my page https://www.suchan.me/

it is starting now with blog as entry point and you won't see anything from blog anymore :)

But you can't reach that unfortinately inside pagekit backend because / isn't accepted as "slug", well however if you have access to you sql database then it is easy to change navigate to system node table and edit the row with the name path exactly where the entry for you blog is. Change it from /blog or what ever just to: /

• By the way thank you for that thread it brings me to a good idea to design the whole page navigation through blog extension. It will simplify many things for the enduser i guess as you can let turn on TinyMCE without fearing to break something. As comments can be enabled or disabled for entries individually it could be a very nice clean solution for people who has no technical affinity at all. Thanks again. :)

if you have access to you sql database then it is easy to change navigate to system node table and edit the row with the name path exactly where the entry for you blog is. Change it from /blog or what ever just to: /

Yes, your site looks like what I need exactly, blog links starting from the root. Thanks, I'll try that!

• That is something I wanted to do and do not find anything about. Anyone?

You see the Home button in the main menu you have? Just set the "Frontpage" to geht blog menu entry that's it!

Plus:

I hope this things are clear enough now, and because a picture is telling more then 1000 words you can find a screenshot attached to this post. ;)

• Thanks Fosphatic Duke.

However I still have trouble with the MySQL settings
    because when I changed it there from /blog to / and
    then try to change "make this the home page" it did
    not work.

So I changed the MySQL settings back now it show

the blog, but now of course I have the /blog slug back...

• Sorry I am confused. I am not a programmer and hoped this CMS will help me to get rid of all the troubles with Wordpress.
    Now I can't even seem to set a simple blog with clean links and need to edit MySQL stuff that I had not touched in ages. Sigh.
    Very frustrating to be honest.

• You should not touch the MySQL stuff at all - risk is high that it is not working after next update.

If you can do all that with WP go with WP. Pagekit (or at least the blog extension) handles the routing in another way (more „RESTful“).

• Sorry I am confused. I am not a programmer and hoped this CMS will help me to get rid of all the troubles with Wordpress.
    Now I can't even seem to set a simple blog with clean links and need to edit MySQL stuff that I had not touched in ages. Sigh.
    Very frustrating to be honest.

semmy try it the other way! first set it as front page, give home entry a new slug called home if it is not done after setting blog as front page, then just change the slug in the sql Admin Console. It is not a big deal after all you will see.

But you don't have to change the slug to / for blog when it is okay for you, you can as well rename to news or what ever, but I guess you want it as Frontpage and all blog entries without any additional slug before it right?

the only thing could happen after an update that you have to set it again to / instead of /blog but tbh more then bug fixes we don't saw since more then a year anything else for pagekit from Hamburg.

I'm not a programmer too, just creative to find solutions sometimes and pagekit is for blogging way better I guess it pretty nice for that.

If you really still have problems with getting it the way you want then hook me up I will make you a screen cast video. ✌️

• You should not touch the MySQL stuff at all - risk is high that it is not working after next update.

If you can do all that with WP go with WP. Pagekit (or at least the blog extension) handles the routing in another way (more „RESTful“).

WP? are you kidding me. LOL. I am online for almost 30 years and thought WP was the greatest thing that happened to all of us. I do not want to have a system that constantly robs me from doing my work and adding yet another plugin that is not compatible with the theme that is not compatible with the lasted new wordpress version, that is... well you know...

II love PageKit because it has just the basics with the focus on creating compelling content with clear structured layout options.