Advanced Blog And Comment Package | V2.0 Latest Version

• yns.wtf

Changed the title of the thread from “Advanced Blog - Dpnblog V2.0 Ready Beta Version” to “Advanced Blog - Dpnblog V2.0 Latest Version”.
  • New version is published - Version 2.0.7 :evil::saint:

Plan

Dpnblog views updating for Ankara Theme at weekend

Thanks. Unfortunately, I'm facing several - partly severe - issues after update to the new version ;(

- blog entries have been unpublished... of course easy to fix

- "undefined categories" in the setup. Categories cannot be created: "Waiting". However, they still are displayed in the frontend.

- blog entries cannot be opened anymore: "Whoops, looks like something went wrong"

Furthermore I liked the former teaser view better than the current - horizontally divided - one. Is there are way to provide some layout variants?

I had to switch back to the standard blog.

• Hi Ben,

Well the thing with layouts you can change that for sure within your template. There is a Views folder and I dude that one you should find a dpnblog folder.

The files inside this folder are for overriding the default view.

If you prefer the old view then you could change it through small modification of the php file which is responsible for the rendering the blog entries overviews.

If you don't have any dpnblog folder in your template views folder then just create one and copy the php file from extensions view folder inside the created. Modify it to your needs and the it will override the default view.

Regards

Fossy

• yns.wtf : Do you think you can provide a fix soon? Can I help somehow?

Yes of course you can help me. I want to something from you. You should open the admin page so open the system page. There is a debug option. You should select the option Enable debug mode. Okey at now, Go to the page that gave you the error message. You should send error message for me

• Yes of course you can help me. I want to something from you. You should open the admin page so open the system page. There is a debug option. You should select the option Enable debug mode. Okey at now, Go to the page that gave you the error message. You should send error message for me

Which should be done always when reporting a bug, as this helps every developer most. Providing complete logs, error messages and a good description. Thank you for your understanding guys and enjoy the upcoming weekend!

Regards,

Fossy

• Yes of course you can help me. I want to something from you. You should open the admin page so open the system page. There is a debug option. You should select the option Enable debug mode. Okey at now, Go to the page that gave you the error message. You should send error message for me

• There opens a dialogue displaying "Wait..." when you click the button "Add Category" within the setup. But nothing more happens. The log within the toolbar does not show anything when you click the button.

Ben i have updated the extension too, and yunus was talking about the oops error in the frontend. As i got the same error i guess as you, i have posted him already a full error description. Those oops errors are the best help for developers.

Reagrds,

Fossy

• Ben i have updated the extension too, and yunus was talking about the oops error in the frontend. As i got the same error i guess as you, i have posted him already a full error description. Those oops errors are the best help for developers.

Reagrds,

Fossy

Okey , I know this error. I'll do it in the evening.

• yns.wtf:

Some more details:

General:

- When updating the extension from 1.x to 2.0.7, all blog entries are unpublished

Backend:

- When you select the tab "Categories", the headline "undefined Categories" is displayed

- When you click the button "Add Category", a dialogue displaying "Wait..." opens. Nothing more happens. Categories cannot be created.

Frontend:

- Blog entries cannot be opened (see log)

1/1ContextErrorException in SocialShare.php line 19:Notice: Undefined index: meta

1. in SocialShare.php line 19
    2. at ErrorHandler->handleError('8', 'Undefined index: meta', '/var/www/k24952w3/htdocs/packages/pastheme/dpnblog/src/Event/SocialShare.php', '19', array('event' => object(ContentEvent), 'post' => object(Post))) in SocialShare.php line 19
    3. at SocialShare->onContent(object(ContentEvent))
    4. at call_user_func_array(array(object(SocialShare), 'onContent'), array(object(ContentEvent))) in WrappedListener.php line 63
    5. at WrappedListener->__invoke(object(ContentEvent))
    6. at call_user_func_array(object(WrappedListener), array(object(ContentEvent))) in EventDispatcher.php line 123
    7. at EventDispatcher->trigger(object(ContentEvent), array()) in TraceableEventDispatcher.php line 126
    8. at TraceableEventDispatcher->trigger(object(ContentEvent), array()) in EventTrait.php line 57
    9. at Application::trigger(object(ContentEvent)) in ContentHelper.php line 19
    10. at ContentHelper->applyPlugins('A visit at the Munich Salesforce office this week reminded me of Google Cloud Summit in December, as both companies are located in the same building called <a href="http://www.kontorhaus-arnulfpark.de/" target="_blank">"KONTORHAUS"</a>. <br /><br /> December? You know... time flies and sometimes you don't have the leisure to put down your thoughts and impressions to paper.', array('post' => object(Post), 'markdown' => false)) in BlogController.php line 78
    11. at BlogController->postAction('5')
    12. at call_user_func_array(array(object(BlogController), 'postAction'), array('5')) in ControllerListener.php line 60
    13. at ControllerListener->executeController(object(ControllerEvent), object(Request))
    14. at call_user_func_array(array(object(ControllerListener), 'executeController'), array(object(ControllerEvent), object(Request))) in WrappedListener.php line 63
    15. at WrappedListener->__invoke(object(ControllerEvent), object(Request))
    16. at call_user_func_array(object(WrappedListener), array(object(ControllerEvent), object(Request))) in EventDispatcher.php line 123
    17. at EventDispatcher->trigger(object(ControllerEvent), array(object(Request))) in TraceableEventDispatcher.php line 126
    18. at TraceableEventDispatcher->trigger(object(ControllerEvent), array(object(Request))) in HttpKernel.php line 148
    19. at HttpKernel->handleController() in HttpKernel.php line 77
    20. at HttpKernel->handle(object(Request)) in Application.php line 67
    21. at Application->run() in app.php line 24
    22. at require_once('/var/www/k24952w3/htdocs/app/system/app.php') in index.php line 42

Fosphatic Duke:

Honestly, I don't want to adjust files of an extension to change the blog item preview to restore the former status.

That's why I provided my (subjective) feedback and kindly asked for some option to configure the layout.

Thanks in advance.

• yns.wtf

Changed the title of the thread from “Advanced Blog - Dpnblog V2.0 Latest Version” to “Advanced Blog And Comment Package | V2.0 Latest Version”.
  • Latest update and new Package

https://pagekit.com/marketplace/package/pastheme/comments for dpnblog

Hi yns.wtf,

thanks for fixing the issues above.

I have encountered some more tonight:

- If you add a tag, you cannot save the blog entry any longer. As you confirm tags pressing the ENTER key it is possible to create tags. However, this might be annoying if you e.g. want to modify the content itself and add tags at the same time.

- Obviously, the post styles are not working. If you choose gallery and click the image, a dialogue with a button "new field" is displayed. Nothing to do there.

I also don't understand the difference between the styles. Can I somewhere see how they are intended to work / look like?

I would love to provide further feedback.

Ben

• yns.wtf: Hi Yunus, when will you be able to fix these issues? I will switch back to your extension afterwards. Of course I can support / test or provide access once again, if helpful. Thanks in advance.

• Hmm okay, because i tested the newer versions from Yunus and had no problem after modifying a file as the error i had was slightly different then yours. You could give a try to test that with uikit v3 based theme for testing purpose and switch back after all to your actual theme. Just wondering if this happens because of uikit v2.