spqr/redirect: Add css sources to HTML-output

• Right.

Fair enoug then I think the extension should have a hint when’s setting up the other way that’s it can influence the negatively seo on the page.

By the way it seems to be that in the declariotion of the head section The most importantly thing for styling is to import the template css. Probably it could an option from extension to do so directly through an option setting like use default template css or import default template css?

• No. Not every theme uses the name template.css - the naming is variable here ;)

According to your hint: No ;) I will extend the documentation but I‘m absolutely not a fan of the SEO hype. The extension does what it should - if you redirect errors, the extension redirects - if it throws HTML, it throws HTML ;)

I am not going to add a hint for something nobody can prove ;-) or do you know the Google algorithm? ;-)

The point is: If you redirect all pages that are not found, the search engine „thinks“ that this page exists and does not remove it from the index.

• Okay i understand this, but probably to just to setup the path and file to the template css file as an option? And for additinal Styling an input field like in your another extension?

• brings me to the idea for an 404 error page contest, who got the nicest one ? dont laugh at me, creating error pages was indeed very popular like 10 years ago.

btw great extension ! beside assets this is "must have" extension No.2

• Okay i understand this, but probably to just to setup the path and file to the template css file as an option? And for additinal Styling an input field like in your another extension?

Sorry, but: No.

Why? This would make everything more complicated and hard to maintain. It’s more generic to add your custom html, including the header-section.

• Sorry, but: No.

Why? This would make everything more complicated and hard to maintain. It’s more generic to add your custom html, including the header-section.

So the summery in short: no hints, not really forseenable possibilites in the html field and no documentation. :)

How to use

Installation

Using this extension is very easy. Just install it from Pagekit's marketplace.

Configuration

After enabling the extension, you can set up a target url just by clicking the extension's name. You can choose a target-url by using the select-link or just enter an URL just like http://example.org/404.html.

Check function

If you browse to a site that does not exist, you should be redirected to the page you entered in the settings.

Well it wasn't that easy to set it up at all, even not hard when you know what to do. ;)

• I am going to extend the documentation as soon as I got time for that.

But to be honest: It’s not that difficult. It clearly tells you to define your HTML output (not: your text/your message) - and that always (!) includes head and body - otherwise it’s just incomplete ;-)

And yes: The docs are not up-to-date - but to be honest I really do not agree to all your other points. Why a hint? Why adding js/css manually? Even if you think that „sucks“ - I am pretty sure that this extension does everything it should do (even if I found a small bug which will be fixed soon).

• I am going to extend the documentation as soon as I got time for that.

But to be honest: It’s not that difficult. It clearly tells you to define your HTML output (not: your text/your message) - and that always (!) includes head and body - otherwise it’s just incomplete ;-)

And yes: The docs are not up-to-date - but to be honest I really do not agree to all your other points. Why a hint? Why adding js/css manually? Even if you think that „sucks“ - I am pretty sure that this extension does everything it should do (even if I found a small bug which will be fixed soon).

It does what it should do Roman, don't get me wrong, but User friendly is done thing else. Of course if the documentation would be up to date then it would be possible to setup correctly without contacting you to understand some things that are not logical neither directly clear for everyone.

You wrote once make pages for your users right? How about more user friendly extension experience?

Just try to see the things not from developer view, what us logical for doesn't mean that it's logical for everyone.

The most beginners won't be able to set it up correctly without your help and this not necessary if things are cleared up. There was no hint at your post neither in the homepage and from my point of view it sucked hard to setup without the knowledge I gained from you yesterday when it comes to this extension.

Even you dislike this word that's no reason to not even consider to understand what I tried to say to you and not even one bad thing about your extension was mentioned, i disliked only the way I was thinking I have to style the custom 404 page...

I don't wanted to upset you in any way Roman and all the things i wrote were meant as improvement suggestion to make your extension just more user friendly. I don't have any problems to add a js or css from template manually, I just would have been way more satisfied to know it before contacting you about this thing. I don't wrote any html pages since ages now, indeed that's the reason i use cms... Those things like header are always generated by the cms system. You did know directly why it is going wrong using the uikit own css classes neither myself declared css classes worked too directly.

So if you think your extension is perfectly fine the way it is, fair enough then, just my two cents...

• So if you think your extension is perfectly fine the way it is, fair enough then, just my two cents...

That's still my opinion. If you'd design custom 404 using your webserver's error documents, you would also need to add your own stylesheets.

I don't like the idea of having too much options and things that can easily break. There's one thing I am facing every day in my job: Keep things simple. Build small scripts that work - not large scripts that try to do everything.

So the field is labeled "HTML". So add your HTML (meta, head, body, ...) ;-) If I would build some "css crawler" or add the content of the field to a pre-crawled page, this would use many resources and the label (HTML) would be wrong ;)

So I heard your opinion - that's not mine, but of course I'll accept it ;-) In this case, your feature request will not be added to the roadmap. In many cases before I did that... So... Sorry ;-)