Driven Listing widget - Problem with reorder fucntion with created list items

• Dear All,

The ordering\sorting basic function is not working in the Driven Listings extension…every time I reorder the list, and save an item, it completely changes the list order\structure...

Do you managed to solve this problem, beacuse the developers are not with us anymore, but the extension itself is great and very useful.

Does anyone know maybe how to fix this very frustrating bug?

Many thanks,

Balazs

• The reorder of items and categories is reset every time an item/category is saved.

The ordering is done with the uikit nestable component. On reorder, an event is triggered, which call a function to read out the categories or items manually (its not vue js), then the savePosition method is called.

Here the positions are saved correctly (also took a look at the controller). The problem is, that the model of VueJS is not changed.

When you save an item or a category, you explicitly set new values on the vue model, which triggers a reload of the template, means a rerender.

As in the savePosition method the vue model (its items positions) is not updated, the old order will be rendered.

The fix is to uncomment the indicated line in the savePosition method. That can be easily done with FTP, then be sure to hard reload your page (Ctrl+F5). Then the bug should be gone. That worked for me.

The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him. Psalm 28,7

Edited once, last by SAB ().

• I found it in the edit-listings.js. ;) SO I only have to delete the '//', and thats it?

Regarding another bug: do you know why the list elements are gone after you are editing and saving a Category elemnets name? :) A relad solves this, but its also very frustrating.

• Yeah, uncomment that line.

For the disappearing of the items on category save, they forgot to query the related items for the edited category in the controller (server-side), so there missing. Create a new topic, then I can help you further ;)

The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him. Psalm 28,7