GDPR

• and thanks for the example, for some reasons the decline button is not showing up

i deleted romans extensin first, then intalled yours, it gave a mismatch error but installed itself, i deleted cache and treid again, nope

• and thanks for the example, for some reasons the decline button is not showing up

i deleted romans extensin first, then intalled yours, it gave a mismatch error but installed itself, i deleted cache and treid again, nope

Do you configured in the plugin the Opt-Out type? You have three choises Info, the regular type of cookie consent, Opt-In and Opt-Out, opt-out is the setting i used on my page. And yeah you delete first the installed then install this version, i did the same it worked.

• i cant see "typ" like on your screenshot

Well i think then you have the regular problem with cache! Clear Your browser cache after installing and try open the config menu again. I have same issue with chrome if i don't clear cache but my firefox is configured to never create cache so no problem there. It is often a problem when you style something so in best case it is to use a browser with configuration to not create cache at all.

• yes, deleting browsercache was the solution !

greetings to Avenwedde, just realized that you live in the neighbourhood :)

But it's very important to know that this does not solve the problem. If you check out your browser's tools, you will see that the cookies are still being set, even if the user declines it.

I think that's even worse than just informing. :/

• Don't get me wrong: I am not sure, whether this is possible at all.

I have to check out other sources before, as the problem is, that PHP and JavaScript (pure JS/Vue/jQuery/...) are able to set cookies and such a solution has to make sure that every attempt to set a cookie is handled by my solution.

The worst thing that could happen is that you add a "decline" button and the user chooses it - and the system is dropping cookies. I am not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure it's better to inform users that are a few cookies dropped, because the system needs them to work properly but to give them the choice to decline cookies and dropping them accidentally.