Returning View without pagekit frame

• Hey,

one new question:

Is it possible to create an method in my site-controller that renders a view without the template frame arround?

I need to generate an view without menu, footer, etc... is that possible with pagekit?

• Template-frame...? You mean without parsing it to the active template?

Well - yes, it is :)

PHP: MyController.php
    1. $response = App::view('foo/bar:views/your/almost-blank-page.php', compact('config'));
    2. return App::response()->create($response, 200);

You could even do that inline:

PHP: MyController.php
    1. $response = "Hello World";
    2. return App::response()->create($response, 200);
  • How would you realize this szenario?

I need do create a website with two different themes. One theme, the "Main Theme" should be visible to all visitors of the Page. When a user with an specific role is logged in , an "Admin Template" has to be shown. It should have an own menu, an different styling, etc... Is that possible to realize?

• For the original question, the simplest answer can be found here at the end:

This view is wrapped in the main layout by default. To avoid this behavior, you can change 'layout' => false in the $view array.

Expamle:

The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him. Psalm 28,7

• Take a look in pagekit/app/system/index.php from line 128

PHP
    1. 'view.init' => function ($event, $view) use ($app) {
    2. $theme = $app->isAdmin() ? $app->module('system/theme') : $app['theme'];
    3. $view->map('layout', $theme->get('layout', 'views:template.php'));
    4. $view->addGlobal('theme', $app['theme']);
    5. },

Probably you can create a listener and dynamicly change the global of the view ;)

The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him. Psalm 28,7